Chris Ashenden of Athletic Greens on Supplementation & Whole Food Nutrition
In this episode, we are joined by Chris Ashenden, the founder and spokesperson of Athletic Greens, the all-in-one supplement that industry experts Tim Ferriss swear by as their nutritional insurance policy. In addition to that, our guest today is a food blogger and nutrition expert who shares his wisdom with people all over the world.
In this episode, my goal was to learn more about athletic greens, supplementation in general, and hear my guests’ fascinating story. We really covered a TON of ground on this episode… We discuss supplementation, superfoods, nutritional disorders, learning, depression, entrepreneurship, elimination diets, and the incredible story of how my guest became one of the closest people in the world to Tim Ferriss. Stick through to the end, because our guest shares some really solid actionable tips and diagnostic tools that can help you stay on top of your health in case things go wrong!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Probiotic experimentation, digestion, and why it might be worth playing with
- Sleep deprivation, stress, and how they can affect you long term
- Chris' background, his stories of entrepreneurship, and how he got to where he is today
- What is the “90/10” principle, and why is it wrong?
- What dietary template does Chris Ashenden endorse most?
- Why did Chris feel the need to develop Athletic Greens?
- Why is it that many people don't get the right nutrients all the way to the cell?
- What is the biggest revolution to happen in the last 5 years in the world of nutrition?
- How did Chris Ashenden learn so much about health, nutrition, and supplementation?
- How did Chris develop the Athletic Greens formula?
- What is in Athletic Greens that makes it so powerful and effective?
- How much time does Chris spend learning every week?
- Why is supplementation necessary if food is first?
- What's the big deal with spirulina?
- A discussion on Vitamin D, Vitamin K, sun exposure, and why its so important
- What supplements does Chris recommend for his own family?
- The hilarious story of how Chris became close friends with Tim Ferriss
- A discussion of Tim Ferriss, his work, and his relationship with Chris Ashenden
- Chris' personal motto, what it means, and why it came to be
- How did Chris Ashenden deal with his own depression and extreme stress?
- Which books have most influenced Chris' life?
- What can you do if you don't feel well, but doctors say everything is fine?
- What 1 message would Chris Ashenden like you to take away from this episode?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Athletic Greens Daily Superfood Supplement
- The Four Hour Body by Tim Ferriss
- BrainQuicken, Tim Ferriss' product from the early 2000's
- Our previous episode with Dr. Kirk Parsley
- The Business of Happiness by Ted Leonsis
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- The First Billion Is The Hardest – T. Boone Pickins' Biography
- Genova Diagnostic Labs
- Our previous episodes with Robb Wolf and Loren Cordain