A Deeper Look At High Performance & How To Get There W/ Maggie Berghoff
Today we are joined by Maggie Berghoff. Maggie is a functional medicine nurse practitioner and health consultant who works with celebrities, entertainers, athletes, and CEOs/executives to up-level their physical and mental health. She has been featured in Entrepreneur, Well + Good, Under Armour, CBS, Glamour, iheartradio, 4 popular health documentaries, and national television.
I also found out that Maggie is a partner with Richard Branson's Virgin group, and that they have all kinds of cool MasterMinds that they lead together. It turns out, that we also have a lot of friends in common like Dave Asprey, JJ Virgin, and Diana House.
Now, in this episode, we talked about all things high performance. I got a better understanding of what it actually looks like to be at the most elite levels of performance, and some insights at what it takes to get there. During the episode, we talked about comprehensive testing and about all kinds of really cool biohacks – as I said, we are both friends of Dave Asprey.
I definitely learned some things that I didn't know, and I have some homework for things to research and buy after this conversation. I think you are really going to enjoy this wide-ranging conversation with Maggie Berghoff as much as I did!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Maggie Berghoff, what does she do, and how did she get here? [4:20]
- What did Maggie do after having a mini-stroke? [7:00]
- How did Maggie go from a health crash to being a functional medicine health consultant? [8:50]
- What was the catalyst that helped Maggie shift her health around? [10:35]
- What does “high performance” mean to Maggie? [14:50]
- What are the pieces that most high performers miss? [16:50]
- What are some of the “secret” tools Maggie herself is utilizing? [21:00]
- Some devices Maggie likes utilizing [28:50]
- How does an infrared sauna work? [31:15]
- A conversation on EMF [35:00]
- What are some books that have impacted Maggie Berghoff's life? [39:55]
- What is one thing that Maggie did to feel SuperHuman today? [40:35]
- Some homework for you by Maggie Berghoff [41:25]
- Maggie Berghoff's final takeaway message [43:45]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- ELISA ACT RLA testing
- Maggie Berghoff's website
- Clearlight Infrared Sauna
- Sunlighten Infrared Sauna
- JNH Infrared Sauna
- Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To by David Sinclair