How to Change Your Life & Be A Total Badass w/ Jen Sincero
Today’s guest, Jen Sincero, is a total badass.
Actually, she wrote the book on being a badass. No… seriously, though.
She’s the NYT bestselling author of “You are a badass: How to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life,” and a bunch of other books, including one interesting titled “a straight girls guide to sleeping with chicks.” With titles like that, coaching clients who themselves have gone on to become new york times bestsellers, an upcoming and much anticipated podcast, and features in the new york times, HBO, Bloomberg, and O magazine, I just had to get her on the show while I still could to share some of the badassness with us.
In this episode, we discuss a really broad range of topics, from discovering your life’s passion, to the value of coaches and how to find a good one, to the perks of travel for personal development, and even tips on how to maximize your income. My guest is an absolute wealth of positive energy and inspiration, and I just know this episode is going to knock your socks off.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Jen Sincero's fascinating and inspiring life story
- Should everyone who wants to succeed have a coach?
- Thoughts on therapy
- How Jen Sincero learned how to make money – and then actually did it!
- How coaching changed Jen Sincero's life
- How can you find a good coach?
- Jen's experience living as a digital nomad, and how it inspired her
- Why budgeting is bullshit and what to do instead
- What are the top lessons you'll learn in Jen's new book?
- What is the role of fear in changing your life? Is fear necessary?
- What does it mean to be a “badass” in Jen Sincero's world?
- What is the #1 thing you can do RIGHT NOW to be more of a badass?
- An incredible story of how coaching changed Jen's life
- The mistake of charging your clients only what you would pay
- Why charging more money is actually GOOD for your customers! (Loved this!)
- What's Jen Sincero working on next?
- What is the #1 top takeaway Jen wants you to learn from this episode?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- A podcast I listened to on The Art of Charm with Tony Stubblebine
- Summit at Sea – an amazing experience I had last year
- Jen's first book, Don't Sleep With Your Drummer
- Jen's second book, A Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping with Chicks
- Jen's third (and bestselling) book: You Are A Badass
- Vagabonding by Rolf Potts
- Tim Ferriss and his books
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- Deepak Chopra and his many books
- The Power of Now and A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- Oneness by Rasha
- Jen's website
Favorite Quotes from Jen Sincero: