How To Turn Your Stress Into The Absolute SuperPower W/ Dr. Jaime Hope
Today we are joined by SuperWoman. Not literally, but pretty much a SuperWoman, because today I speak with Dr. Jaime Hope.
Jaime is a dual certified attending physician specializing in emergency medicine at one of the most intense level-one trauma tertiary centers in the country. She is also a published author, an online educator, a thought leader, an adjunct assistant professor at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, and many other things, including wife, mother of two, and again, all-around superwoman.
Jaime tours the world giving keynote lectures on stress, parenting, relationships, business success, healthy habits, and everything else. Jaime is a friend from Genius Network, and the last time I spoke to her and picked her brain about health, I said that we have to have her on the show to share her opinions around health, and specifically around stress. You see, she is one of the physicians whose opinion I trust more than absolutely anybody else in the world, and I'm not the only one!
Jaime knows more as a trauma tertiary center physician than just about anyone in the world I can think of around stress and stress management. So, in this episode, we didn't just talk about stress, but we go deep into how to use stress as a tool, how to manage stress, and all her various ways of managing her attention and managing her time. In fact, we go really deep into how she accomplishes so much and how she maintains peak health with all the things going on in her life!
I really really enjoyed this conversation, which is always a good indication that you will too! Enjoy!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Dr. Jaime Hope and what does she do? [5:10]
- What got Dr. Hope so passionate about health? [6:00]
- What are the health-related topics Dr. Hope is juggling right now? [8:20]
- Dr. Jaime's perspective on stress [9:35]
- How can we use stress to our advantage? [12:20]
- A different way to relieve the stress hormones [17:00]
- What is the long-term goal when it comes to stress? [21:45]
- What are some non-obvious things we do or don't do that mess up our health? [23:05]
- We feel and act depending on our thoughts [26:20]
- How does Jaime fit so many things in her life? [33:50]
- What strategies does Jaime utilize to perform at a high level? [42:00]
- What are some products or services that Jaime is using consistently? [47:20]
- What are some supplements that Dr. Jaime believes can help with our health? [49:10]
- Where can you learn more about Dr. Jaime Hope? [52:25]
- Dr. Jaime Hope's final takeaway message [53:30]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Our previous episode with Joe Polish
- Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- Apple Watch
- Dr. Jaime Hope's website
Thanks, I learned a lot of interesting things in past episodes.
loved th heart and the depth of the conversation. The way that Dr. Metivier shared from his enormous experience and insights was just amazing. Thank you Jonathan for doing this podcast!! 🙂
Great interview with Dr. Greg Wells! He mentioned a doctor from Colorado around the 42:30 point of the podcast, discussing turmeric and black pepper. I couldn’t make out the doctor’s name. Can you provide me with his full name and maybe his website or contact info. Interested in his products.
I am new here, and learning really fast.
Maybe oarts of the things he has to share are right, maybe not. If I look at him which impact his nurturing and living style has on himself I see a very old looking man! He is year 1973!! That is not old and he looks definitly much older!! If I would not know his birthyear I would guess that he is in his mid-60ies!! A bit concering for someone who claims his lifestyle is suitable for a long life, isn’t it?
Thanks in favor of sharing such a nice idea, post is good, thats why i have read it completely
Asking questions are genuinely good thing if you are not understanding something completely,
except this piece of writing offers good understanding even.
Excellent, insightful, efficient
This post is truly a fastidious one it assists new net
viewers, who are wishing in favor of blogging.