Real-Life Mind Reader Daniel Harel Shares How We Are All Similar (and How You Can Learn to Predict People’s Behavior, Too!)
Today’s show is a little bit different. That’s because our guest today will be the first to tell you that he’s not in fact SuperHuman… but you won’t believe him. His name is Daniel Harel, and he and I spoke together at a recent TEDx event, and I had the privilege of watching him practice and rehearse on some of the other speakers while we prepared for the event. Daniel’s gift? He’s a mentalist, or mind-reader. The feats that I’ve seen Daniel perform are so astounding, that I actually had to record some of them so you can view them on our website.
From an early age, Daniel took an interest in mentalism, and entertaining people through the ability to seemingly read people’s minds. Now, of course, that’s not actually possible – but Daniel’s message – of how people are very similar, is a powerful one. In the interview, I wanted to uncover just how we can use Daniel’s wisdom to try and better understand people, what they’re thinking, and how we can use this knowledge to improve our lives.
In this fun and absolutely jaw dropping interview, we get to see a real life demo of Daniel actually reading my mind… It’s going to blow yours! We also go into some insights that Daniel has acquired about life, emotional health and wellbeing, and so much more after reading the minds of about 10,000 people.
By the way, towards the end of the show, Daniel will guess the card you're probably thinking of… tweet to @gosuperhuman if you're thinking of the cards Daniel mentioned!
In this episode, we discuss:
- What Daniel Harel has been up to since giving his popular TEDx Talk
- What is “mentalism,” and how did Daniel get into it as a young man
- Daniel literally guessing a name of a figure from my childhood – with no clues whatsoever!
- How “mirroring” works, and how you can use it to read people's emotions
- Are there any practical applications of Daniel's skills, and does he use them in his personal life?
- A cool trick that you can learn with 0 practice to absolutely amaze your friends!
- Some of the crazier stories of how Daniel has used mentalism in his daily life
- Daniel's process of learning the common techniques, and then shifting into his own innovations
- The one occurrence that made Daniel Harel decide to develop his own techniques
- How long did it take Daniel to learn all of this, and how can YOU learn it?
- What are the 3 things that everybody cares about most, and how can you use it to read them?
- What is the “spiral of silence,” and how has Daniel learned that we really are more similar than we know?
- What is Daniel Harel working on now?
- Daniel guesses what card you're probably thinking of as he's speaking (cool!)
- What is the #1 life lesson that Daniel hopes that you get from this episode?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Daniel Harel's TED Talk
- Richard Bandler's work on Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Tweet to @gosuperhuman if you're thinking of the cards Daniel mentioned!
- Dan Ariely's bestselling books
- Malcolm Gladwell's many books, especially Outliers
- Daniel's website
Favorite Quotes from Daniel Harel: