Staying Honest To And Loving Yourself W/ Kristina Mand-Lakhiani, Mindvalley Co-Founder
Today we are joined by Kristina Mand-Lakhiani. Kristina is a serial entrepreneur, international speaker, artist, mom of two, and much much more.
In fact, you've probably heard of the business Kristina and her husband Vishen founded – it's called Mindvalley, and it is pretty much one of the largest education and transformation companies on the web. They run the popular A-Fest Event, MindValley U, and many more different business divisions. Mindvalley is currently a team of approximately 300 people, and they're based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Kristina helps her students to virtually hack happiness by taking them through her unique framework. From a small meditation business, operating out of the couple’s apartment in New York, her company quickly grew into a global educational powerhouse, partnering with some of the top thought leaders on the world.
I have to say Mindvalley is one of the companies that, since I discovered it not too long ago, really is a model and an inspiration for anything we are doing here at SuperHuman Enterprises.
So, it was really cool to connect with Kristina, learn more about her journey, and I think what you'll find is that she's admittedly very different from what you'd expect from the co-founder of a transformational education company. She thinks differently, she talks differently, and it was really cool to get her perspective on various subjects we discussed throughout the episode.
I have to say that this was a really good episode. Admittedly, Kristina told me that I put her in a different area than she's used to talking about, given that her message is more often about how to tap into self-love and discovering/grounding yourself. But it was really fun and we both agreed that it was an amazing conversation, that I think you are going to learn, enjoy, and benefit quite a bit from!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Kristina Mand-Lakhiani, what does she do, and how did she get here? [3:45]
- The difference between optimizers and surfers [5:10]
- The history of Mindvalley [8:00]
- Why we sometimes have to offer people what they need, instead of what they want [10:20]
- An amazing and inspiring story by Kristina Mand-Lakhiani [13:00]
- What is Kristina's next step, after all those realizations? [17:25]
- What does a typical day look like for Kristina now? [20:30]
- A conversation on removing stuff that are not in your zone of genius [22:30]
- What are some of the things Kristina utilizes/suggests for a better life? [27:20]
- What is Kristina's daily routine for maintaining optimal performance? [30:15]
- What are some books that have changed Kristina's life? [32:40]
- One thing Kristina believes that other people believe is crazy [33:35]
- Where can you learn more about Kristina Mand-Lakhiani? [37:25]
- Kristina Mand-Lakhiani's final takeaway message [39:30]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Our previous episode with Joe Polish
- Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life by Susan David
- Brene Brown's books on Amazon
- Kristina's Instagram