The Future Of Health Technology & How To Get There W/ Dr. Bertalan Mesko
Today I had the pleasure of talking with Dr. Bertalan Mesko, Ph.D., The Medical Futurist and the Director of The Medical Futurist Institute, which analyzes how science fiction technologies can become reality in medicine and healthcare. As a geek physician with a Ph.D. in genomics, Dr. Mesko is also an Amazon Top 100 author. He is also a Private Professor at Semmelweis Medical School, Budapest, Hungary.
Let me tell you, I really enjoyed this conversation, and I learned a lot about what is standing in the way of making us literally SuperHuman using technology. The answer will actually surprise you!
During the episode, I learned what we can do to advance the agenda of using technology to improve human lives, and we had a really interesting conversation about all the different ways that technology is already improving our health.
If you are listening to this episode for no other reason than the devices and hacks that Dr. Mesko uses in his own life to measure everything from his sleep to his happiness, and beyond, it will have been well worth your time. I know you are going to enjoy this episode as much as I did!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Dr. Bertalan Mesko, what does he do, and how did he get here? [4:20]
- What is Dr. Mesko most excited about in the technology world? [7:45]
- The power of being able to test yourself on all medical aspects [10:15]
- Is having to manage your own health a burden for people? [13:00]
- What can we expect in the next years when it comes to health technology? [18:15]
- What can we do to feel SuperHuman and help usher in this revolution of health technology? [27:55]
- Dr. Mesko's system for quantifying his life [32:35]
- What tools is Dr. Mesko using to track everything? [39:20]
- Books that Dr. Mesko recommends [44:10]
- Dr. Bertalan Mesko's[45:45]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- My Health: Upgraded: Revolutionary Technologies To Bring A Healthier Future by Bertalan Meskó
- The Guide to the Future of Medicine: Technology AND The Human Touch by Bertalan Meskó
- Rescue Time
- Our previous episode with Cedric Waldburger
- Fitbit Ionic
- Polar Chest Strap
- Atlas Biomed
- Elevate App
- Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
- Solaris by Stanisław Lem