The Future Of The Education System & What That Means For Us W/ Kevin Stoller
Today we are joined by Kevin Stoller. Kevin is the founder and CEO of a company called Kay-Twelve, which helps academic organizations better structure learning environments. It is pretty obvious that he and I share that interest and passion about how to get people to learn more, isn't it?
Apart from Kay-Twelve, Kevin also runs the Better Learning podcast, where I recently had the great pleasure to be a guest on, where he talks about different ways that we can influence the educational space, real-world tactics, improving education, and what the future of education is.
I wanted to have Kevin on the show, not just because we both geek out about learning, but because he has some really interesting insights into what the future of education will look like. I don't think anyone is surprised when we say the model is not working and that it is going to be disrupted.
But, we need to ask what that means for us, what does that mean for the children in our lives, how can we help create this revolution in education, and also how can we improve our own learning based on what experts like Kevin are discovering in their day to day work.
This was a really interesting conversation, a little bit different than usual, but since it has to do with learning, I'm sure you folks are going to love it!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Kevin Stoller, and how did he get here? [3:50]
- Where does Kevin's passion for education originate from? [5:50]
- What is wrong with our education system? [9:20]
- What can we do to improve education? [11:20]
- What does all that mean for our children? [17:30]
- How can we set ourselves up to learn better? [27:35]
- What are some things Kevin Stoller does to perform at a high level? [29:50]
- What are some books that have impacted Kevin? [32:40]
- Where can you find more about Kevin Stoller? [36:45]
- Kevin Stoller's final takeaway message [37:40]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Better Learning Podcast
- Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History Season 4 (Episodes 1 & 2: Law Education)
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- The Millionaire Mind by Thomas J. Stanley
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy by Thomas J. Stanley
- Rocket Fuel: The One Essential Combination That Will Get You More of What You Want from Your Business by Gino Wickman
- The End of Average by Todd Rose
- Kevin Stoller's LinkedIn
- Creating Better Learning Environments: Furniture Concepts to Enhance Student Outcomes by Kevin Stoller
Thanks, I learned a lot of interesting things in past episodes.
loved th heart and the depth of the conversation. The way that Dr. Metivier shared from his enormous experience and insights was just amazing. Thank you Jonathan for doing this podcast!! 🙂
Great interview with Dr. Greg Wells! He mentioned a doctor from Colorado around the 42:30 point of the podcast, discussing turmeric and black pepper. I couldn’t make out the doctor’s name. Can you provide me with his full name and maybe his website or contact info. Interested in his products.
I am new here, and learning really fast.
Maybe oarts of the things he has to share are right, maybe not. If I look at him which impact his nurturing and living style has on himself I see a very old looking man! He is year 1973!! That is not old and he looks definitly much older!! If I would not know his birthyear I would guess that he is in his mid-60ies!! A bit concering for someone who claims his lifestyle is suitable for a long life, isn’t it?