Turning Your Dreams Into Achievable Goals W/ Lucia Giovannini
Today we are joined by Lucia Giovannini, which is a very Italian name – and a wonderful conversation, too!
Lucia Giovannini is a former Italian super-model turned a best-selling author, spiritual teacher, transformational coach, environmental & animal activist. Her best-selling book “A Whole New Life”, published by Hay House India, sold thousands of copies around the world, was translated into 8 languages, and will be debuting in the US in March 2019.
I sat down with Lucia to talk a little bit about mindset, and a little bit about setting goals and how we achieve them – but also, just to learn what are the skills that she took away from a highly successful career in modeling, and how she transferred those forward.
I think you'll get some useful reminders, and some interesting new perspectives in this episode.
I certainly enjoyed it, and I'm sure you will do so too!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Lucia Giovannini and what does she do? [3:30]
- How did Lucia get into doing what she does? [5:10]
- Turning from supermodel to a coach [8:00]
- Did her supermodel career help Lucia in becoming a coach? [9:10]
- The role of discipline in both of Lucia's careers [12:00]
- How did Lucia actually make the transition and get her first clients? [13:20]
- What is Lucia's philosophy, and what does her work revolve around? [17:20]
- Where do most people get stuck, based on Lucia's experience? [22:10]
- What is an exercise you can start utilizing immediately? [24:20]
- What are some SuperHuman hacks Lucia utilizes in her own life? [29:15]
- How did Lucia find and set up her retreats in Thailand and Bali? [31:45]
- What are some books that have changed Lucia's life? [34:40]
- What is one of the things Lucia believes that is an unpopular opinion? [36:20]
- Where can you find more about Lucia Giovannini? [37:30]
- Lucia's Giovannini takeaway message [38:30]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Our previous episode with Andre Norman
- A Whole New Life, Lucia's book, will be published in March 2019
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Our previous episode with Steven Kotler
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Stealing Fire by Jamie Wheal and Steven Kotler
- Lucia Giovannini's website
- Lucia Giovannini's “A Whole New Life” Facebook Community