How To Accelerate Your Learning Of Music & More w/ Zach Evans, Piano SuperHuman
Today we are joined by Zach Evans and Zach actually came to us through a recommendation of someone in the SuperLearners Facebook group. Zach is a professional pianist who has also started very successful online music and piano training business, and he specializes in accelerated learning techniques for piano.
Now I know some of you in the audience are saying right now “well I'm not interested in playing the piano, why does this relate to me?” I would encourage you to put that thought aside, because actually, Zach and I got into some pretty in-depth accelerated learning techniques… and I have to say I actually learned quite a bit from him in terms of things that I'm not doing that I could be doing better. Including some things that could improve the way that I learn, and ways that I've maybe been neglecting to structure out my own learning process.
Zach really shares some very interesting stuff just about how learning a musical instrument, like learning a language, can be an incredible way to improve, refine, and test your learning methodology. And I think you guys are going to learn quite a bit from this episode. If you enjoy it, please note that there are many like it in the SuperLearner MasterClass – including an uncut video version of this one.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How did Zach Evans become an expert in accelerated learning and music?
- How was Zach influenced by the works of Tim Ferriss?
- An interesting takeaway about how Zach sees music differently than others might
- A surprising way that Zach is applying one of our most important accelerated techniques to music
- How can studying music improve the way that you learn anything and everything?
- How can you maintain motivation when tackling a HUGE subject, like piano?
- An important conversation on small wins & reinforcing successes
- A discussion on organizing, planning, and structuring your learning
- A surprising point on how we may be wasting the majority of our practice time
- Does teaching make you a better learning? Why and how?
- What else has Zach Evans applied his accelerated learning skills to? Has it worked?
- Why the order in which you read books matters so much
- What are some of the big takeaways that Zach has learned about marketing?
- What's the homework for this episode?
- A discussion of morning routines – and a brilliant idea that Zach has come up with
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Zach Evans' website: http://www.bestpianoclass.com
- Zach Evans on YouTube