A New Plan For Sustainable Health w/ Robb Wolf
In this week's episode, I'm joined by a repeat guest and longtime friend of mine, Robb Wolf. Robb has been on the show many times before, seeing as he's written many New York Times bestselling books – in fact, two, in the past so far. He is also a former research biochemist, that is better known for The Paleo Solution and Wired to Eat.
Robb is my go-to thought leader on all things nutrition. He's the person who convinced me to go paleo, he's the person who convinced me to modify that diet with more data about my own blood sugar and insulin response levels, and now he is pioneering a healthy rebellion – a social movement with a goal of liberating a million people from the sick care system.
As if all that wasn't enough to take on, he has also written a new book called The Sacred Cow, a contrarian look at a potential way for solving our food crisis, specifically the animal protein crisis that we're facing, and dealing with climate change. Now, I'm going to warn you, a lot of Rob's opinions are contrarian, and he even goes out and says that you have to be careful not to get canceled for sharing some of the opinions that he shares. But, I always like to bring in both sides of the opinion, and honestly, I wanted to talk to someone who is spreading a message of hope, right now, especially when it comes to the environment.
So, Robb and I talk about a lot of different elements of this whole piece. We talked about what the best way is for humans to get our animal protein, assuming that an animal protein diet is what people want and not everyone is going to go off of it – and not everyone should go off of it. We talked about the sustainability and environmental impact of factory farming versus grazing animals.
We then talked about alternative energy solutions, which I didn't know he geeked out on as much as I do, but it turns out he geeks out on much more than I do. As part of that conversation, we also talked about some of the challenges with alternative energy.
And we talked about much more, that you'll have to listen to the podcast episode to know all about it. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I did!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Robb Wolf, what does he do, and how did he get here? [4:45]
- Robb's view on sustainable livestock [7:00]
- What it looks like if you support animal protein diets [12:00]
- A quick conversation on conspiracy theories [15:30]
- A look into the lifecycles of all forms of animal farming [17:40]
- Deforestation and landscape modification [29:00]
- Are we really heading towards doomsday? [34:30]
- Alternative energy, and the type with the highest potential [39:10]
- How can we solve the problem of increased demand for animal protein? [48:00]
- What can we do to help drive this change? [55:10]
- Robb Wolf's final takeaway message [58:25]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
- Wired to Eat by Robb Wolf
- The Sacred Cow by Robb Wolf
- Our first episode with Robb Wolf
- Our second episode with Robb Wolf
- Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus by Charles C. Mann
- The Wizard and the Prophet by Charles C. Mann
- 1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created by Charles C. Mann
- Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All by Michael Shellenberger
Thanks, I learned a lot of interesting things in past episodes.
loved th heart and the depth of the conversation. The way that Dr. Metivier shared from his enormous experience and insights was just amazing. Thank you Jonathan for doing this podcast!! 🙂
Great interview with Dr. Greg Wells! He mentioned a doctor from Colorado around the 42:30 point of the podcast, discussing turmeric and black pepper. I couldn’t make out the doctor’s name. Can you provide me with his full name and maybe his website or contact info. Interested in his products.
I am new here, and learning really fast.
Maybe oarts of the things he has to share are right, maybe not. If I look at him which impact his nurturing and living style has on himself I see a very old looking man! He is year 1973!! That is not old and he looks definitly much older!! If I would not know his birthyear I would guess that he is in his mid-60ies!! A bit concering for someone who claims his lifestyle is suitable for a long life, isn’t it?
Thanks in favor of sharing such a nice idea, post is good, thats why i have read it completely
Asking questions are genuinely good thing if you are not understanding something completely,
except this piece of writing offers good understanding even.
Excellent, insightful, efficient
This post is truly a fastidious one it assists new net
viewers, who are wishing in favor of blogging.