How To Find Love That Lasts W/ Katherine Woodward Thomas
Welcome to a very special episode of the show, episode 299 out of the 300 – where I've certainly saved some of the best for last. Some of you may have heard through my personal journey and story where, a few years ago, I read a book that solved probably my biggest personal problem, and certainly my biggest problem in the area of personal development and growth. Really, it reinforced for me the idea that you can learn your way out of any problem, and that you can learn to be the kind of person that no longer has that problem.
I'm talking, of course, about love and romance, and finding the person that I'm destined to spend my life with. Many of you will know that it took my 9 long and painful years between relationships to find the woman who is now my wife, and, probably by the time you hear this, the mother of my child. And that was an incredible transformational journey, which really solidified what is possible in personal development. What is possible when you apply the things that we talk about in the last almost 300 episodes. Fundamentally, you change, your life changes, your outcomes change, and your whole world changes.
So, today I'm really excited that I finally had the opportunity to interview Katherine Woodward Thomas. She is a Master's in family therapy, a New York Times bestselling author of Conscious Uncoupling: 5 Steps to Living Happily Even After, and more pertinently to today's episode and my life, Calling in “The One:” 7 Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life.
Now, if you are already in a relationship, or you think that this woo-woo, I wanna stop you right there, because in this episode we go so much deeper than just that. What this episode really comes down to is dealing with trauma, which we all have, it's improving and growing through our own psychological hangups, which we all have, and it's learning how to have more love, happiness, and joy in our lives, which we all want.
I really enjoyed this episode. I'm not going to read through the amazing summary of Katherine's credentials, media appearances, etc., because ultimately what's important is the impact that she's had and the people that she has worked with and the lives that she has touched. So, I encourage that you listen for what you can apply from this episode, and if you're looking for that one final SuperHuman achievement, which is finding love, then this is the absolute best episode for us to end on.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Katherine Woodward Thomas, what does she do, and how did she get here? [5:45]
- The importance of setting intentions [11:30]
- Becoming the person that will attract the love that you want [14:20]
- The one is probably not going to look like what you've built them up to be [21:20]
- Writing Calling in “The One” [23:10]
- Subconscious beliefs and their manifestation [26:00]
- Some of the best exercises from the books [32:40]
- Clearing away the hidden obstacles [46:20]
- Calling in the one is not the end game [52:00]
- Where can you learn more about Katherine Woodward Thomas? [55:30]
- Katherine Woodward Thomas's final takeaway message [56:20]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Calling in “The One:” 7 Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life by Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Conscious Uncoupling: 5 Steps to Living Happily Even After by Katherine Woodward Thomas
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Alan Singer
- Katherine's website
- Calling in The One Starter kit