Ari Meisel on Productivity, Healing, & How to Work Just 2 Days a Week
Greetings, Superfriends! Welcome to this week’s episode – we’re excited to have you. We're also excited to have today's guest – Mr. Ari Meisel.
To be honest, I don’t know if I’ve ever met someone I have so much in common with. Like myself, he started out in entrepreneurship at the very young age of 12, building websites for his father’s business associates. I just LOVE that we both did exactly the same thing at the same time in our lives, but he was much more successful at it, and kept parlaying his success into more and more ventures.
In his former life, he was a successful property developer and real estate entrepreneur, until one day he was diagnosed with an incurable disease that you may or may not have heard of called Crohn’s. From there, he decided to use yoga, nutrition, and herbal remedies to treat himself, and he managed to overcome Crohn’s, and in the process, he co-founded the Less Doing, More Living, a company and blog where he works on making every task in life and business more efficient. In fact, he’s been called the most efficient man alive, and after this interview, I believe it. He’s written a ton of books on biohacking, productivity, optimization, and more… so, given the courses I’m teaching online and the subjects we generally talk about here, we had LOTS to talk about. It did take us a little bit to get into the flow and really get moving, but once we do, the episode offers TONS of great values and take-homes.
In it, we cover everything from how he manages to work only 2 days a week, to what supplements he is using, how everyday people like you and I can outsource aspects of our lives to get better results and have less stress. You’ll even hear about what productivity tools both Ari and I most recommend. I know you're going to love it.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Ari's entrepreneurial path – starting at just 12 years old
- How Ari beat the “incurable” Crohn's disease by reducing stress
- The story behind Less Doing, the methodology Ari has created for automation and outsourcing
- Some entrepreneurial wisdom on testing out your material and content
- Thoughts on outsourcing, and how to do it properly
- What are some of the surprising things that Ari outsources?
- What are the things that everyday people (non entrepreneurs) can outsource in their lives?
- The diet, exercise, and supplement regimen that Ari used to overcome Crohn's
- Being busy vs. being productive
- The power of setting artificial limits for yourself
- Why to-do lists make you feel terrible about yourself
- Ari's daily routine (diet, habits, and exercise) and how he works 2 days a week(!)
- Blood testing, and what factors Ari is looking at when he tests
- Cannabis supplementation for mental performance
- Ari's #1 sleep hack that everyone can try today
- Why should you get your hormones tested, even if you're healthy?
- The so-called “healthy range” for hormones according to the medical profession
- Why testosterone is a miracle hormone
- What's one thing Ari believes that other people think is crazy?
- One piece of homework that everyone in the audience should try this week!
- 2X thinking vs. 10X thinking, and how it makes you think differently
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- My productivity course, Become a Speed Demon (90% off)
- My new course, Branding You™, with Dr. Anthony Metivier
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Evernote – highly recommended free note/content tool
- Probiotic Supplements
- Vitamin D Supplements
- Krill Oil Supplements
- Kombucha (brew your own!)
- Parkinson's Law
- IFTTT Automation Service
- FollowUp.cc (I personally use FollowUpThen, but both are great!)
- The Zeigarnik effect and Bluma Zeigarnik
- Our previous episode with Amal Graafstra
- The movie Limitless
- Ben Greenfield's Nature CBD
- Our previous episode with Ben Greenfield
- Blue-blocking sunglasses for bedtime
- F.lux for your electronics
- Philips Hue Smart Lighting Starter Kit
- Dan Sullivan, a strategic coach
- Emergency by Neil Strauss
- Ari's website, Less Doing
- Ari's book, Less Doing, More Living
- Ari's other book, Intro to Biohacking (Paperback here)
- Ari's offer to get a free 30 minute call with a certified couch at LessDoingCall.com
Favorite Quotes from GUEST: