Habit Mastery, Weight Loss, & the Secrets of Success w/ Alexander Heyne
I’m joined today by Alex Heyne, the founder of Modern Health Monk and author of the book Master The Day: Eat, Move and Live Better With The Power of Tiny Habits.
Given my recent interest and deep dive into the world of habits, I was really excited to interview today’s guest.
In the episode, we talk about how to create and modify habits, through the lens of someone who has spent years working with people in the weight loss community. It's a great episode, with lots of wisdom to share, and I think you're going to really enjoy it!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Alexander Heyne's “habit journey,” and how he honed in on the secret to creating habits
- Why are habits such an important part of success in anything and everything?
- How does one actually create and modify habits, and why do most of us suck at it?
- “Linear thinking,” and how too many people try to apply it to the accomplishment of their goals
- What are the “inner aspects” of success, taken from the example of weight loss?
- The importance and power of inner dialogue and properly defining your personal narrative
- What is the big idea behind Alexander Heyne's book, compared with other popular books on habits?
- Practical advice for implementing 3-5 new habits TODAY!
- How long until a habit actually becomes second nature?
- What are the 3-5 most impactful habits that Alexander Heyne would recommend you try out?
- What is “The Handshake Technique,” and how can it instantly implement a habit in your life?
- How affirmations changed the life of one absolute top performer
- What is one good habit and one bad habit that Alexander Heyne has changed?
- Some powerful insights into happiness and success from the heart
- Where does Alexander Heyne get inspiration?
- How did Alex pull himself out of a rut of depression and find his calling?
- A special 2 hour bonus video offer for those of you who buy Alex's book on Amazon!
- What is the #1 takeaway Alex would like you to take away from this episode?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Modern Health Monk – Alex's Blog
- Master The Day: Eat, Move and Live Better With The Power of Tiny Habits
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin (and our previous episode with her)
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Coach Brian Grasso
- Erin Stutland
- My new course, Creating a Meaningful Life
- The Pomodoro Technique
- Ginger Tea Crystals
- Portable Water Boiler
- Yerba Mate Tea
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- Jack Canfield and his many books
- Milk The Pigeon, Alex's other blog