How to Achieve Anything (and Live Happily Along the Way) with John Michael Morgan
Greetings, Superfriends! I’m so excited to bring you this week’s guest, Mr. John Michael Morgan. He’s been called “The Chuck Norris of leadership,” and is known for his high energy and passion when teaching proven strategies designed to help achievers reach their goals. Since our show is all about improving ourselves, reaching our goals, and kicking more ass overall, I’m really excited about this one.
John is not only the founder of The Achievers Alliance, a personal development and success coaching program, but also a consultant and mentor to bestselling authors, Fortune 500 companies, celebrities, and some of the world’s largest brands. He is the bestselling author of Brand Against The Machine, and an in-demand public speaker on the topics of leadership, achievement, and marketing.
In this interview, we dive deep into what makes successful people tick, including a long list of the most impactful books and why they’re worth reading. We learn about the strategies that make people effective leaders, and we dive into John’s personal habits, how he structures his life, and his own story of finding personal development as a means to overcome depression. These topics are all very close to my heart, and parallel my own story, and so I really hope they are as inspiring and touching to you as they are to me.
Please help us cover the (growing) costs of producing the show by checking out our sponsors:
This episode is made possible entirely by Fiverr, not just because they help us cover our expenses, but also because all of our music, intros and outros, and even our editing is actually done through fiverr. We rely heavily on their endless availability of different services all available from just $5.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How John Michael Morgan went from severe depression to becoming a personal development expert
- The handful of books that turned completely John’s life around, and which ones he reads every year
- John’s morning ritual, and the many ways it has influenced his life, his development, and his family
- John’s tips for setting goals and priorities in our lives – and how it departs from traditional wisdom
- What are the questions we should ask ourselves when it comes to achieving success?
- How can we determine if we have the right goals, or if we just want the symptoms of those goals?
- Being a millionaire vs. living the millionaire lifestyle – and having millionaire freedom
- Understanding how much of our goals and desired lifestyle are dictated by ego
- The perceived dichotomy between acceptance and presence vs. goals and achievement
- John’s thoughts on the cost of his father’s success in entrepreneurship
- How happiness can influence success (rather than the other way around)
- The importance of attitude as a key influencer of success
- What does leadership mean to John Michael Morgan, and what makes good leaders?
- Who are some of the best leaders of all time, and why?
- Whether or not Steve Jobs was an exemplary leader
- How Facebook failed it’s way to becoming the tech giant it is today
- John’s work at the Achiever’s Alliance
- The power of writing and displaying your goals publicly
- What are the 2-3 daily habits that John wishes everyone would adopt?
- The importance of selecting and curating the people you allow into your life
- Some of the goals John is working on in his own private life
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Tony Robbins and his many works, including the Personal Power series
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- The Art of Selfishness by David Seabury
- W. Clement Stone and his many works
- Dale Carnegie’s books, particularly How To Win Friends and Influence People
- The Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- The Happiness Advantage by Sean Achor
- Gretchen Rubin and her many bestselling books
- Mitch Joel
- Coaching for Improved Work Performance by Ferdinand Fournies
- Paulo Coelho and his many books, particularly The Alchemist
- Seth Godin and his many, many books, including John’s favorite: What To Do When It’s Your Turn
- Achiever’s Alliance, John’s coaching program
- John’s Personal Blog, JohnMichaelMorgan.com