How To Routinely Create EPIC Adventures w/ Expert & Superconnector Jon Levy
So, I know this is confusing, but today, we are joined by Jon Levy – with a Y instead of an I – the author of The 2AM Principle: Discover The Science Of Adventure. Once a self-described nerd, today, he runs with the bulls in Pamplona, crashes million dollar weddings, takes a flight on average every 3 days, and is widely considered one of the top experts in adventure, with endorsements from many of the industry’s biggest names like Lewis Howes and Chris Bailey.
In this episode, we talk about Jon’s framework for seeking out and experiencing jaw-dropping adventures. As someone who considers “adventure” to be one of the 8 criteria for a balanced and happy life, and an avid adventurer myself, I was eager to figure out how Jon finds and chooses various adventure opportunities, and how he has turned something so seemingly random into a well-thought-out methodology. We talk about how to systematically create and find adventure, the difference between those two things, suggestions for building an incredibly exciting lifestyle, and much, much more.
This was a really incredible episode, guys. I learned a TON – and I know you will, too.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Jon Levy, and how did he go from being a geek to an adventure expert
- What are some of Jon Levy's craziest adventures?
- What are the 4 stages to every adventure, according to Jon's research?
- What is the “EPIC” model?
- What is “The Influencers” and why did Jon start it?
- Why is it so important to “end with style,” and what does that mean exactly?
- Does this stuff work for introverts, too?
- What criteria make something an adventure? Why isn't every fun activity an “adventure?”
- How does Jon Levy keep finding new and exciting stuff to do?
- How can you hack the research on “flow” to your benefit?
- What are some different types of adventures you could try out?
- How does Jon Levy set goals in a very specific ways? What are his current goals?
- A discussion of “superhuman” skills, and which skills Jon and I prioritize
- What books have changed Jon Levy's life?
- What products can Jon Levy not live with out?
- Two powerful Google Maps & Translate hacks you need to know about
- How does Jon Levy work with his virtual assistants to automate his travel?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The 2AM Principle: Discover The Science Of Adventure
- Obesity Is ‘Socially Contagious,' Study Finds
- The Influencers – Jon Levy's secret dinner parties
- The Peak-End Rule by Kahneman and Tversky
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi and his research on flow
- Wim Hof Method
- Transcendental Meditation
- Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
- Books and authors:
- Our previous podcast episode with Ari Meisel