The Connection Between Gut Health And Our Immunity System W/ Dr. Vincent Pedre
Today we are joined by Dr. Vincent Pedre. Dr. Pedre is a functional medicine-certified doctor, and the author of the best-selling book Happy Gut.
Now, I wanted to have Dr. Pedre on the show, not because we haven't talked about gut health in the past, but because I wanted to understand the link between gut health and immunity – a very important topic during the Covid-19 pandemic.
I wanted to understand what is the connection between the microbiome, something that we've talked about with regards to mood, obesity, and overall health, and our overall immunity – which, as it turns out, is very related.
I learned a lot in this episode, and I'm sure you will as well! Enjoy!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Dr. Vincent Pedre, what does he do, and how did he get here? [2:50]
- What is the link between the gut and immunity? [11:50]
- What can we do to improve our gut health and microbiome? [17:45]
- How important is diversity in foods when it comes to the microbiome? [20:00]
- How to access food that you don't need to over-sanitize [23:45]
- The importance of soil [27:40]
- The benefits of buying organic [29:55]
- What are the dirty dozen, and the clean fifteen? [32:35]
- Dr. Pedre's take on probiotics [35:00]
- Things Dr. Pedre is doing to perform at a SuperHuman level [41:00]
- Where can you learn more about Dr. Vincent Pedre? [44:45]
- Dr. Vincent Pedre's final takeaway message [46:50]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Happy Gut: The Cleansing Program to Help You Lose Weight, Gain Energy, and Eliminate Pain by Vincent Pedre
- Dirty Dozen 2020
- Clean Fifteen 2020
- United Naturals
- Dr. Pedre's Instagram