What Scaling A Business Really Looks Like W/ Allison Maslan
Today we are joined by Allison Maslan. Allison is a fellow Genius Network member, the CEO of Pinnacle Global Network – the world leader in scaling businesses – and she also is the author of the Wall Street Journal bestseller, “Scale or Fail”.
In addition to that, Allison has built 10 successful companies, starting out at age 19. As if these are not enough, she is an accomplished trapeze artist, and she even has a background in homeopathy, among many other very interesting topics that we get into on the show.
You may have seen Allison in Success, Fortune, Inc, Fast Company and Forbes Magazine, or as a featured expert on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, as well as many others.
Now, on this episode, I wanted to understand how Allison has maintained such high performance throughout her career. I know we don't normally talk about business topics, but we got into that a little bit, and we also got into self-care.
Truth is, I think I got an understanding of what makes her tick, and how she's able to motivate and drive herself to accomplish so much – which, at the end of the day, is what this show is all about.
I'm sure you folks are really going to enjoy this episode!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Allison Maslan, what does she do, and how did she get to this point? [5:30]
- Where did Allison get her tenacity and entrepreneurial spirit? [7:20]
- An amazing part of Allison's story [9:00]
- What were the first things Allison did when she started rebuilding her life? [11:00]
- The importance (and necessity) of recovery [13:00]
- What was the role of homeopathy in Allison's life? [13:55]
- Did you know that Allison is also a trapeze artist? [15:00]
- What is homeopathy, and why does it intrigue Allison? [16:00]
- What is an example of a simple homeopathic treatment? [18:40]
- What are some more of Allison Maslan's businesses? [22:00]
- Which business model has been Allison's favorite, and which one does she suggest to you? [24:00]
- What has been Allison's favorite business? [25:30]
- What is the actual definition of scaling? [26:40]
- The five different phases that a business needs to go through to become a team-managed company [29:30]
- A few notes on Scale Or Fail [36:00]
- What are some SuperHuman strategies Allison utilizes in her life? [38:35]
- An amazing tip from Allison, inspired by her passion for trapeze [40:45]
- Allison Maslan's final takeaway message [41:40]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Homeopathic Academy of Southern California
- Pinnacle Global Network
- Our previous episode with Joe Polish
- Allison Maslan's website