Hal Elrod On Achieving Your Dreams With The Miracle Equation
Welcome to a really special and deeply inspiring episode of the show. Today we are rejoined by one of the most popular guests we've ever had on the show – the amazing and astounding Hal Elrod.
You probably know Hal because he is the author of the incredible series of books called The Miracle Morning, which is sold all over the world in many different languages and many different variants. Hal has recently celebrated selling over a million copies of that book, and I personally can tell you it is one of the episodes and books that people most tell me changed their lives over the 220+ episodes we've done on the show.
What many people don't know is that, after writing that book, Hal once again faced another near-death experience. He was diagnosed with a very rare and very aggressive form of cancer, which he has managed to, knock on wood, survive and beat against all odds, once again defying death. He has recently published a new book called The Miracle Equation, talking about how he did this, and how he reached this level of tenacity, ambition, faith, and effort in his life.
Every time I talk to Hal and hear him speak, either in Genius Network meetings or when hanging out in a group of people, I'm always blown away by his energy, his enthusiasm, his passion, and his wisdom – and this is how I feel about this episode as well!
I know you folks are going to get a lot from this episode, as I did too!
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is Hal Elrod's story, and how did he get here? [4:50]
- Hal's near-death experience that changed his life [7:20]
- Hal Elrod's simple but amazing technique to deal with things that upset you [9:15]
- How Hal's attitude led to a quick and unbelievably recovery [12:00]
- There is no value in spending time feeling bad over things you can't change [14:00]
- Getting diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer [17:20]
- How to redefine something challenging that happens [19:40]
- Accepting life before it even happens [20:45]
- How did Hal Elrod decide to write a new book after The Miracle Morning series? [24:20]
- How did The Miracle Equation become the subject of the new book [27:45]
- The value of personal development [31:00]
- What problem does The Miracle Equation solve? [32:00]
- What are the two main components of The Miracle Equation? [33:35]
- Establishing unwavering faith that you can achieve what it is you want [35:15]
- Is establishing unwavering faith something we can learn and develop? [40:00]
- Applying extraordinary effort [44:10]
- The Miracle Equation is a way of living [46:30]
- How does The Miracle Equation work with The Miracle Morning? [50:30]
- What is the “inherent human conflict”, as Hal calls it? [53:00]
- Where can you find more about Hal Elrod? [56:00]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Equation by Hal Elrod
- The Miracle Morning series
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins