How All Forms Of Light Affect Our Sleep And Our Health W/ Andy Mant
Today we are joined by Andy Mant. Andy is the founder and CEO of BluBlox, a company that specializes in evidence-based advanced light-filtering eyewear.
Andy started Blublox not only after becoming dissatisfied with the quality and standards of other blue-light-blocking products out there, but also because he had gained a ton of weight and had all kinds of issues with chronic fatigue and lacking in energy. When traditional diet and exercise didn't work for him, he turned towards the research himself, and became a biohacker.
So, today he is a leading figure in understanding how all forms of light, not just the light from our screens, can affect our health and well-being. He and his team have developed all different kinds of products, and Andy even gave us an insight into some of the crazy products that they are in the process of developing.
I wanted to have Andy on the show not just to talk about light blocking glasses, but because I wanted to go much deeper into the research around light as a whole. In the episode, we expanded on the blue light from our screens, and we discovered that some products or apps are better than others. We also talked about sunlight, what times of day you need to be exposed to it, how to know if you are getting enough sunlight in your life, and many more things around the all-important thing we all do in our daily lives, sleep.
I really enjoyed this episode, and I'm sure you will enjoy it as well!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Andy Mant, what does he do, and how did he get here? [5:45]
- How blue & green light affects our sleep [13:20]
- How well do apps and devices work in limiting blue light? [20:00]
- Flickering on our screens and how it affects us [26:45]
- How to handle sunlight to maximize the benefits you get from it [34:45]
- Does the angle of light matter? [43:30]
- Other sleep hacks that Andy is utilizing [47:10]
- Where can you learn more about Andy Mant and contact him? [56:40]
- Andy Mant's final takeaway message [1:01:20]