How To Create The World’s Most Valuable Network W/ Joe Polish
I have a treat for you today! Many of you, if you've been on the show for any period of time, have heard the name Joe Polish. And if you haven't, well, Joe is the reason I know about 50%-75% of our recent guests.
Joe Polish is the founder of the I Love Marketing Podcast, founder of Piranha Marketer, and the founder of Genius Network, the world's greatest high-level entrepreneur MasterMind, where I and entrepreneurs like me spend about $25.000 (I think this year I spent $35.000) to get into a room with other high-level entrepreneurs and thought leaders.
Now, beyond that, Joe is (what I often refer to him as is) the most beloved marketer in the world. He is a marketing expert, and his ability not just to market, but also to build relationships and maintain them, has put him on the Rolodex and first name basis of people like Tony Robbins, Peter Diamandis, Ray Kurzweil, Tim Ferriss, Richard Branson – the list literally goes on and on and on.
In fact, when I was hanging out with Joe, he got a missed call from, well, I won't say who, but a very very impressive name, and he is constantly in contact with some of the world's most powerful and influential people.
Now, I wanted to know how. How does someone go from, as Joe always says, being a dead broke carpet cleaner living on credit cards, to having literally the most valuable network of anyone I've ever met. There are heads of state who have a less impressive and less valuable network than Joe Polish.
I wanted to understand not just how he did it, but what are the methodologies, what are the techniques, what are the skills, that we can learn from Joe's journey, and his rise. Well, I think you folks won't be disappointed. This episode delivers a ton of actionable, SuperHuman relationship building tips and tricks and strategies, and you'll also get to know one of the more interesting people that I've met and had the pleasure to spend time with.
A small note: we did record this episode in person at the Genius Network headquarters a few weeks ago, therefore the audio quality is not what you would normally expect, but it is certainly worth powering through.
So, without any further ado, let me present to you my SuperFriend, Joe Polish.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Genius Networking Masterclass: How Joe builds relationships with the most successful people in the world [5:15]
- How to become more influential, make A LOT more money and create a life and business you love [6:30]
- What to do when you're facing silent battles, addictions or negative emotions… [7:00]
- The importance of focusing on sales over other stuff [12:30]
- One of the biggest obstacles you will face in business (and how to overcome it) [14:40]
- How Joe went from being a dead broke carpet cleaner to becoming super-successful in business [15:50]
- Help other people by adding value to them, above everything else [17:10]
- People don't know what they don't know – there is a lot of value in helping them find that out [20:30]
- Productivity and leverage [22:10]
- You need to be disciplined in the beginning – but then leverage is more important [25:00]
- Setting up your life to be able to achieve success [26:00]
- How does Joe Polish maintain so many relationships so well? [30:15]
- The importance of laughter [37:00]
- Being yourself and being honest is really important [39:00]
- Joe shares his favorite definition of intimacy and his mission around Genius Recovery [42:00]
- Focus on how much you've improved, not how long you still have to go [47:00]
- Deal with people the way they'll respond [52:00]
- Super Human Hacks: Joe's 3-part health routine for experiencing more energy, vitality and awesome physical fitness [57:00]
- Joe's Favorite Books: 7 books every entrepreneur should read (PLUS: How to solve almost any problem you ever face) [1:00:30]
- Where can you find out more about Joe Polish? [1:02:00]
- What is Joe's final takeaway? [1:03:30]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Genius Network
- Co-Dependents Anonymous
- 10X Talk Podcast
- I Love Marketing Podcast
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Branding You Academy
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- The Miracle Morning for Addiction Recovery by Anna David, Hal Elrod, and Joe Polish
- Episode 29 of I Love Marketing
- Joe Polish's Twitter
- Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins
- The Gary Halbert Letter
- Winning Through Intimidation by Robert Ringer
- The Average Joe's Marketing Book by Joe Polish
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Willpower Doesn't Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success by Benjamin Hardy
- The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous by Bill Wilson
- Joe Polish's website
- Genius Recovery
- Artists for Addicts
Thanks, I learned a lot of interesting things in past episodes.
loved th heart and the depth of the conversation. The way that Dr. Metivier shared from his enormous experience and insights was just amazing. Thank you Jonathan for doing this podcast!! 🙂
Great interview with Dr. Greg Wells! He mentioned a doctor from Colorado around the 42:30 point of the podcast, discussing turmeric and black pepper. I couldn’t make out the doctor’s name. Can you provide me with his full name and maybe his website or contact info. Interested in his products.
I am new here, and learning really fast.
Maybe oarts of the things he has to share are right, maybe not. If I look at him which impact his nurturing and living style has on himself I see a very old looking man! He is year 1973!! That is not old and he looks definitly much older!! If I would not know his birthyear I would guess that he is in his mid-60ies!! A bit concering for someone who claims his lifestyle is suitable for a long life, isn’t it?