Why You Really Need To Take Control Of Your Oral Health W/ Michelle Jorgensen
Today we are joined by Dr. Michelle Jorgensen. Michelle is an author, speaker, teacher, biologic/holistic dentist, and health and wellness provider. After practicing traditional dentistry for 10 years, she became very sick. Through her own journey to return to health, she discovered many different ways that traditional dentistry and oral health have been failing us.
For this reason, I wanted to have Michelle, who is a member of our private membership, The SuperHuman Academy MasterMind, on the show, to talk about everything that she learned over the last 10 years. I wanted to learn what the big deal with oral health is, why does it matter so much, and why does it seem to be such a crucial part of our health.
I also wanted to learn what the misconceptions we all have are, what are the things we do wrong, how are we being affected, and how can we advocate for our own dental health, since it is so important.
I had a really good time in this episode, I learned a lot of things that I should be doing differently, or better, and I found out that a lot of the stuff I've learned in previous episodes is pretty good information – and that's always fun.
I think you are going to enjoy and learn a lot from this episode with Dr. Michelle Jorgensen, as I did!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Dr. Michelle Jorgensen, and how did she get here? [3:10]
- Is there an alternative so we can avoid the mercury in our mouths? [6:40]
- Should we do something about the existing fillings in our mouths? [7:30]
- Why is mercury used in fillings? [10:00]
- Why is our mouth so important when it comes to our health? [11:40]
- How do we keep ourselves safe by the dangers of oral health? [14:45]
- How can we clean up our mouths to maximize safety? [20:00]
- What can we do to advocate for our oral health? [22:10]
- Should we floss? [24:00]
- What other things should we be doing for our mouths? [25:30]
- The controversy Michelle has faced in her work [31:30]
- Confirming information we've learned about oral health in previous episodes [33:40]
- Is fluoride a good option? [37:20]
- What are some other things Dr. Jorgensen does to perform at a high level? [42:00]
- Where can you learn more about Dr. Michelle Jorgensen and her work? [46:00]
- Dr. Michelle Jorgensen's final takeaway message [47:10]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Healthy Mouth, Healthy You!: Transforming Your Whole-Body Health Starts in The Mouth by Dr. Michelle Coles Jorgensen
- Hidden Epidemic: Silent Oral Infections Cause Most Heart Attacks and Breast Cancers by MD Jd Levy
- Total Care Dental
- Root Cause documentary
- Total Care Academy
- Our previous episode with Trina Felber
- Primal Life Organics
- Redmond Earthpaste
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-so-obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life Before 8AM by Hal Elrod