How To Build The Authentic & Valuable Relationships That Create Success W/ Brad Lambert
Today we are joined by Brad Lambert. Brad is a Hollywood movie producer. You've probably seen some of his work if you've seen any of the stuff that Warner Brothers or Robert Downie Jr. have been doing recently.
Brad has a very interesting story that we're gonna get into in today's show. He started his career at 16 years old, today he is only 29, and yet somehow he has managed to work his way into the inner circles of some of the world's top athletes, brands, actors, and actresses.
I wanted to understand how. You folks know that I'm so interested in relationships and how to actually build strong and authentic ones. I really think it is one of the SuperHuman skills that has put me where I am today, and I'm not even that good at it.
So, when I meet someone like Keith Ferrazzi or Brad Lambert, who are able to build these incredible powerful relationships from a place of authenticity, I immediately want to know how they do it. I want to know what their tricks and secrets are, and how they are leveraging relationships and building value for other people in a way that allows them to achieve their dreams, while helping others achieve their dreams as well.
This is a really great conversation, and I'm sure you folks are going to see that I completely vibe with Brad. In fact, we even talked about what it's like when you vibe with someone, and we definitely got into some very interesting stuff about how you can leverage relationships. We talked about ways that you can get your dream job, or how to get in a room with people that you admire.
I definitely took away a lot of valuable takeaways and action items, and I am sure you folks will do so as well.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Brad Lambert? [4:35]
- How did Brad get into his line of work, and why? [5:10]
- Getting into the movie scene in Los Angeles [6:10]
- Lessons from collaborating with Robert Downey Jr. [7:20]
- How did Brad get his foot in the door with the professional athletes in the beginning? [8:30]
- The 5 keys to creating a successful relationship with other people [9:00]
- How is Brad Lambert managing follow-ups and relationships system-wise? [12:30]
- You may not have the best relationship with everybody, but at least have a good one [16:10]
- The importance of overcoming jealousy and flipping it on its head [19:00]
- What does Brad think about selfishness and what is his mindset on winning together with others? [22:20]
- What are some SuperHuman hacks Brad utilized both physically and mentally? [24:30]
- The mindset you should keep on building relationships, plus some homework [26:00]
- A story by Jonathan from his own company, illustrating what Brad is talking about. [29:00]
- How to leverage working for free for relationship-building, including an actual story from Brad [31:30]
- What is Brad Lambert's strategy for approaching influential people [34:20]
- Why you should also ask personal questions to maintain relationships, and not just business ones [37:00]
- The lack of education in relationship building skills [39:00]
- Where can you find more about Brad Lambert? [40:10]
- Brad Lambert's key takeaway for you [42:00]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Our previous episode with Nelson Dellis
- Lewis Howes' podcast
- Gary Vee's podcast
- Learn more about Brandon's course
- Brad Lambert's Instagram