Hormones: The Hidden Secret to Health, Youth, Performance, & Vitality with Dr. Tami Meraglia
Greetings, superfriends! Welcome to this week’s show.
Today, I invite you to take a journey into one of my own personal interests – hormones. I spend a lot of time – perhaps too much time – thinking about the various hormones that control my mood, my energy level, my recovery times, and my performance. And after listening to our guest today, I hope you’ll understand why you should, too. Hormones are some of the most important signaling mechanisms our bodies have, and they can make us feel great, healthy, and full of energy, or depressed, overweight, and constantly tired.
My guest today is an expert in all things hormone related. She’s the national bestselling author behind the book “The Hormone Secret.” Through her clinic, the Vitality MediSpa and Wellness center, and her book, she’s helped thousands of people reach optimal health through her unique focus on hormones. She’s also been accepted into Premiere speakers, an honor she shares with such greats as Arnold Schwarzenneger, Bill Clinton, and more.
In this episode, we’re going to discuss what you need to look out for, foods that optimize the ideal hormonal balance, environmental factors to avoid, and much, much more.
So, without any further adieu, let me introduce you guys to Dr. Tami Meraglia.
In this episode with Dr. Tami Meraglia, we discuss:
- How Dr. Tami Meraglia “started her education over again” after medical school, on what topics, and why
- Some common symptoms or health issues that you might not know are caused by hormone imbalances
- What are the roles of the various hormones in our bodies, and why is it so important to have a correct balance
- Why testosterone is so important – especially for women!
- Two safe, all-natural herbal supplements that can boost your natural testosterone
- What are the physiological costs versus the benefits of drinking alcohol?
- What kind of diet does Dr. Tami Meraglia advocate for optimizing endocrine and hormonal health?
- How dangerous are the compounds in our soaps, colognes, and household products, and what should we look out for?
- How to fire your doctor (and when), and why doctors aren't necessarily 100% right
- Two important pieces of homework for you to complete this week
- How to get yourself to do new habits every day with one simple mental exercise
- Which skills are the most important to teach our kids?
- What books have Dr. Tami recommended the most?
- How physical activity can improve your family life – and your brain
- The #1 top lesson Dr. Tami Meraglia would you like you to take away from this episode
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Dr. Tami Meraglia's website – check out the free hormone quiz!
- The Hormone Secret by Dr. Tami Meraglia
- Vitality MediSpa
- Ashwaganda Supplements
- Organic maca powder supplements
- Resveratrol supplementation
- Our previous episode with Robb Wolf
- Our previous episode with Ben Greenfield
- EWG.org, a great free resource
- Beard oil (I love Woodsman by The Bearded Bastard)
- Kelly Starrett
- The Paleo Physicians Network by Robb Wolf
- Gretchen Rubin's book, Better Than Before (and our interview with her)
- Amy Cuddy's TED talk on power poses
- My TED Talk (Link coming soon)!
- Grain Brain by David Perlmutter
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- A New Earth and The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- iFly indoor skydiving
- Dr. Tami Meraglia on Facebook
Favorite Quotes from GUEST: