How Wheat & Grains Are Literally Killing You W/ Wheat Belly Author William Davis, M.D.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The story of how Dr. William Davis, M.D. transitioned from cardiology to where he is today
- What actually causes heart disease, and what does not?
- What's the real story with LDL and HDL cholesterol, and why is what we know mistaken?
- What actual results and figures in blood testing indicate a real risk of cardiac disease?
- Statin drugs, the dangers behind them, and how they influence the information reaching the public
- What are the various tests you can do for lipid testing, and which ones are the best?
- How is cholesterol “calculated” (estimated) when you get it tested?
- What are the cheap, free, and effective ways to improve your lipid profile?
- What's the big deal with wheat, and why is it so bad for us?
- How has the wheat plant been altered and changed over decades (or more)
- What do anthropologists say about wheat, gluten, and our current diet?
- What are phytates and lectins, and why are they even worse for us than gluten?
- Do some people tolerate grains and gluten well? (i.e., are you “immune?”)
- The long list of long-term symptoms and health issues caused by grains
- Why do the various regulatory bodies still claim that we should eat “whole grains?”
- What is new about Dr. William Davis, M.D.'s latest book
- The idea of a “detox shake” and what exactly it does in your body
- What does William Davis, M.D. think of the paleo movement?
- Should we be eating dairy? Why or why not? What parts of it are and are not good for you?
- Where do diseases like small pox, measles, and mumps come from?
- Whose work does William Davis, M.D. follow and admire?
- Does William Davis, M.D. ever have a cheat day? Why or why not?
- Why you should share this episode, from Dr. Davis
- What is the weekly homework, directly from William Davis, M.D.?
- Opiate withdraw syndrome or “paleo flu,” and why it happens
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Dr. William Davis, M.D.'s 5 books on Amazon
- VAP testing offered by Atherotech
- Liposcience HD Labs NMR testing
- Our previous episode with Robb Wolf
- Our previous episode with Dr. Loren Cordain
- Our previous episode with Derek Sivers
- Dr. Ronald Krauss
- Dr. Alessio Fasano
- The Wheat Belly Blog
- The Wheat Belly Facebook Page
Favorite Quotes from GUEST: