Going Deep On Coaching, Raising Children, And Esoterism W/ Sean McCormick
Today we are joined by Sean McCormick. Sean is a high-performance coach, a life coach, host of two different podcasts, including the top-rated Optimal Performance podcast, which I've had the pleasure of being on a couple of times, and is a super interesting dude.
It is rare that I actually lose track of time during the podcast episode – after all my job is to make sure we are on time and that the very important people that I have on the show are not late to their next appointment. But, I got so sucked into this conversation!
We talked about how to properly raise or mentor children, we talked about what it takes to make a good coach, we talked about coaching skills, and then we took a dive into the weird. We talked about plant medicine, alternate dimensions, and spiritual growth – I really enjoyed this conversation! You will actually see how much, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it all the same.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Sean McCormick, what does he do, and how did he get here? [3:45]
- What started Sean's obsession with figuring out what makes a better human? [7:40]
- What does it mean to be a life coach? [11:15]
- How to determine the right tools that can help with taking the next step [16:00]
- What does Sean think makes a good coach? [23:10]
- The process Sean goes through before a coaching session [25:10]
- Sean on raising and mentoring children [27:25]
- What is the role of plant medicine in Sean's journey? [37:45]
- A story from Sean's experiences with plant medicine [45:30]
- Where can you learn more about Sean McCormick? [53:30]
- Sean McCormick's final takeaway message [55:45]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Optimal Performance Podcast
- Float Seattle
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray
- Big Five Personality Test
- 16 Personality Test
- Enneagram Test
- The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles by Bruce Lipton
- Living Wisdom School
- Sean McCormick's Personal Website
- The Mystic Mac Podcast
Thanks, I learned a lot of interesting things in past episodes.
loved th heart and the depth of the conversation. The way that Dr. Metivier shared from his enormous experience and insights was just amazing. Thank you Jonathan for doing this podcast!! 🙂
Great interview with Dr. Greg Wells! He mentioned a doctor from Colorado around the 42:30 point of the podcast, discussing turmeric and black pepper. I couldn’t make out the doctor’s name. Can you provide me with his full name and maybe his website or contact info. Interested in his products.
I am new here, and learning really fast.
Maybe oarts of the things he has to share are right, maybe not. If I look at him which impact his nurturing and living style has on himself I see a very old looking man! He is year 1973!! That is not old and he looks definitly much older!! If I would not know his birthyear I would guess that he is in his mid-60ies!! A bit concering for someone who claims his lifestyle is suitable for a long life, isn’t it?